At the Wellington Community Centre on Saturday June 24th:
Presentations (approximate timings)
- 10.00am Doors open
- 10.30am Prince Edward Heritage Advisory Committee Heritage Awards presentation in four categories:
- Conservation of Built Heritage
- Heritage Awareness and Advocacy
- Preservation of Cultural Heritage
- Landscapes Lifetime Achievement
- 11.30am Wendy Daxon ‘How Society changes Clothing’
- 12.15pm John Brebner ‘Don’t throw it in the Dumpster!’ Presentation on digitizing your treasures
- 12.30pm Heritage Lunch ($5)
- 1.30pm Panel Presentation by local experts ‘Heritage Property Designation: What you Need to Know
- 3.30pm Doors close
Tours on Sunday June 25th
- 10am tour of Glenora Fisheries Station at Glenora Ferry dock ($10: one hour)
- 11.30am tour of Camp Picton ($20: one and a half hours)
- 1pm tour of three restored heritage properties in Picton and Demorestville with Alex Fida ($10: car required, two hours). Meet at 1 Walton Street, Picton.
- 2pm tour of Royal Road with David Bentley ($10: car required, two hours). Meet at the Mariners’ Museum.
Numbers for the tours are limited and reservations are essential. Book your place on tours using our online form.